Aim for the Stars Foundation and its related entities, are responsible for maintaining our web site and all our publications and its directors, officers and agents believe that all information contained within them is correct.
However, no warranty is made as to the accuracy or reliability of the information contained therein and our related entities, directors, officers and agents disclaim all liability and responsibility for any direct or indirect loss or damage which may be suffered by any recipient through relying on anything contained in or omitted from our web site or publications.
Third party links and advertising
Our web site often include hyperlinks and pointers to web sites operated by third parties. Those third party web sites do not form part of our web site and are not under the control of or the responsibility of us or our related entities. When you link to those web sites you leave our web site and do so entirely at your own risk. A display of advertising does not imply an endorsement or recommendation by us or our related entities.
Policy for linking to our website
Hyperlinks enhance the user’s experience by providing easy access to additional information or original source material, whether on the same site or from an external source. For this reason, we value the use of hyperlinks in our content. However, in using hyperlinks, we:
* Attribute the original source of the hyperlink where it points to third party content
* Do not claim ownership or rights to content belonging to other parties
We ask that you observe similar practices when linking to our content. You should be aware that if you do not do this, this may be in breach of our rights or the rights of our licensors or other third parties.
* Link to our content directly. We encourage direct links
* Comply with all copyright, trade mark or other applicable laws
* Use the title or headline of the content to which you are linking, as long as you link directly to that content
Please do not:
* Attribute a link to our content as being a link to your own or someone else’s content (for example, use your own logo to link to our content)
* Attribute a link to our site and then link somewhere else
* Frame our content in such a way as to present it as your own or as belonging to anyone other than us or our licensors
Limitation of liability
Certain rights and remedies may be available under the Trade Practices Act 1974 or similar legislation of other States or Territories and may not be permitted to be excluded, restricted or modified. Apart from those that cannot be excluded, we and our related entities exclude all conditions and warranties that may be implied by law. To the extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition that cannot be excluded is restricted, at our option to: the re-supply of services or payment of the cost of re-supply of services; or the replacement or repair of goods or payment of the cost of replacement or repair.
1. The Grant Applicant acknowledges that the AFTS application form provided on the web site is “as is” and has been created and/or authorised by AFTS. Every Grant Applicant is requested to submit information under the specified headings within the requested word count.
2. The Grant Applicant must take reasonable care in protecting against unauthorised use of log-on details. We are not responsible for any unauthorised access to Grant Applicant profile information or Grant Applicant user account through failure of the Grant Applicant to take such reasonable care.
3. The Grant Applicant warrants that in applying for a financial grant in the relevant category that she does so as a genuine potential Grant Applicant in her own personal, non-commercial capacity and that the information submitted is true and correct.
4. The Grant Applicant indemnifies and will keep us indemnified from any claim, loss or liability arising directly or indirectly from any curriculum vitae or resume or other information submitted by or on behalf of the Grant Applicant to AFTS (including, without limitation, where such claim, loss or liability is caused by any misleading information, material omission, fraudulent or negligent misstatement).
1. All content appearing on our site (excluding material provided by Grant Recipients) is the copyright of Aim for the Stars Foundation or its licensors and is protected by copyright laws including the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and under international treaties.
2. “Aim for the Stars” is a pending trademark of Aim for the Stars Foundation and Layne Beachley and must not be reproduced without permission.
3. To the full extent permitted by law:
* the content appearing on sites and the services comprising or provided by us under or in connection with the sites is provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied;
* we limit our liability to you in connection with our service to: supplying the relevant Advertisement or service again; or payment of the cost of having the relevant Advertisement or service supplied again;
* we will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss of profits, indirect, consequential or incidental loss, damage or injury in connection with the site;
4. We will not be liable for:
* any downtime, interruption to or inability to access any site;
* any inability to log-on or access your registered grant application;
* any delay or failure in a Grant Application being submitted, archived, restored from archive, or any change to the details or content of such being made;
* any matter, circumstance or thing beyond our control (including, without limitation, interruption to or failure of the power supply, its IT systems or those of its IT or communications provider, strikes, lock-outs, or acts of God).
6. Your use of this web site and all of our legal notices will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia and by using our internet sites you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
8. You warrant that in accessing or visiting the sites or any user account you will not introduce any virus or other malicious harmful or destructive code.
9. Any banner advertising or other advertising appearing on the sites does not imply an endorsement or recommendation by us as the advertiser or their products or services.