Who is eligible to apply?
- Females, 12 years of age by 31/01/201 (upper age is open)
- Australian residents (sorry, no International students looking to travel to and study in Australia)
- sisSTARs who have initiative and passion and are committed to achieving a dream in their field of choice
Arts, Music & EntertainmentWhether you enjoy the creative or the technical side of Arts, Music or Entertainment, we would like to hear about your passion in this field of pursuit and how you think your vision and talent could be assisted by the Layne Beachley Foundation.
Business, Leadership & Community (includes any person undertaking academic study)In a competitive environment, developing business and taking on a leadership role requires commitment and determination. The Foundation is keen to support emerging women in business where financial support and mentoring could make an enormous difference to the project and to its surrounding community.
Science, Technology & InnovationThe Foundation would like to encourage women back into Science, to support Technology and to inspire girls and women to see their potential and to drive Innovation.
Environment & SustainabilityOne of the most important challenges of our Century. The Foundation supports endeavours to create awareness, to educate, inspire, and walk the talk in their community to create grass roots up solutions.
SportsSport is one of The Foundations original cornerstones and continues to attract a wide range of girls and women from Running, Cricket, Gymnastics, Motor-Racing to Hockey, Rowing and BMX Racing.
- $4,000 grant
- Two-day Leadership Workshop in Sydney with Layne Beachley (domestic flights and accommodation provided)
- A dedicated mentor for monthly one-to-one sessions
- Stars2Leaders tool kit / exclusive online resources
- A community of like-minded sisSTARs to support you (and your dream)
Scholarships will be awarded, at the discretion of the Foundation, to applicants who best demonstrate their aspirations to succeed in their chosen pursuit and how financial and moral support would further their education or personal development and the community.
- Applications close Thursday, 24 November 2016 (submission can be made until 11.59pm)
- Winners announced late February 2017
- Winners are notified by email
- Mentors appointed
- Leadership workshop 14-15 September 2017